Stores increasingly stock women business suits these days because of the growing numbers of women who occupy executive positions these days. As a career woman, you definitely should acquire the skill of being well dressed. In fact, you should always dress for the position you aspire to instead of the one you currently occupy. If you are confused about what comprises the best possible business attire for women then the following tips will definitely be of great use to you.
1. Buy at least one stylish suit that becomes the mainstay of your wardrobe. There are excellent designer suits for women available these days. Make the most of it by wearing the jacket and pants separately from time to time. High quality outfits made of wool or woolen blends will look absolutely fabulous and they will actually offer you better value for money in the long run than cheaper outfits made of polyester or rayon.
2. Pick up a well-tailored blazer that can be paired with a variety of outfits. For instance, it could easily be worn with pencil skirts, classic sheath dresses or even long skirts for women who prefer to have a more feminine appearance.
3. Leave all your sexy outfits at home because they have no place at work. Skirts should never be above the knee and shouldn’t reveal your thighs when you sit. In addition, cleavage should never be displayed. While high heels are perfectly fine, stilettoes are a strict no-no as are stripper heels. Don’t be misled by the business attire for women that you might see on television shows or movies.
4. While conservative colors are the norm, you can also experiment with a variety of colors and textures when you buy your clothes because this helps you express your personality. For instance, even a button down shirt doesn’t have to be boring and commonplace. At the same time, the colors and patterns you wear shouldn’t cry out for attention, especially if you are in the banking industry.
5. Change your wardrobe to reflect any fluctuations in weight. Business suits for women look best if they are well fitting and expertly tailored. The correct business attire for women makes the wearer look reliable and competent rather than flashy. You should also choose your accessories with a great deal of care in order to complement your overall look. Grooming yourself is also an important part of dressing for your job.
By Manzoor Mohammed