We hope you’re as excited as we are to see the results of pitchIT Caribbean! We’ve had an amazing response to the competition thus far, and are looking forward to reading the submisions!
Due to the busy holiday season, we’ve decided to extend the deadline for entries to January 7 2013. This will give everyone a bit more time to polish their pitches and finish their prototypes!
If questions come up about the competition and/or submission requirements, we have a detailed FAQ list on the facebook page.
The contest marks the start of our massive expansion into the Caribbean region. Over the next year, we will deploy cutting-edge business support hubs for mobile, cleantech, and women entrepreneurs, as well as funding avenues for new ventures.
Note: Businesses must be based in the Caribbean (Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago, Belize, Guyana, Suriname) and be web or mobile focused.
We’d appreciate your help in spreading the word about this exciting intiative, and the new deadline of Jan. 7 2013.
Here are ways you can help spread the word:
– like the competition on facebook and share the url.
– forward this email
– retweet our tweets (www.twitter.com/infodev, hashtag #pitchITCaribbean)
– suggest others to follow us on twitter to stay updated about pitchIT Caribbean
– write your own tweets and use the hashtag #pitchITCaribbean
– publish information on this competition on your website
– publish your own content about pitchITCaribbean (tweets, blog posts, comments, etc.)
If you need any more information, you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org